How to brew coffee without coffee filter

 

The first time I had coffee was at my friend Gayatri's house and I instantly fell in love with it( almost 20 years).  Her mom makes the best coffee, and I must say I haven't had that good coffee again till date. The trick lies in brewing it. At our house we never had a coffee maker or coffee filter, so the very few times I had coffee I always made an instant one.

Until recently, my neighbour Swapna aunty taught me to brew coffee without any machine. I was like, this is so cool, I need no expensive machines for a good coffee. This method is so easy and so perfect, you would love it. Best part, you can even store it in your refrigerator for 5 days. Throw some ice cubes to the coffee brew and your cold brew coffee is ready!!

Ingredients:

Coffee powder-1 tbsp
Water- 250 ml
Milk- 150 ml
Sugar- 2 tsp

Method:
  1. Pour water into a saucepan/ bowl and bring it to a boil.

  2. Add coffee powder and let it boil for 3 minutes.

  3. Switch off the flame and close with a lid.

  4. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
  5. Strain into a coffee mug and your black coffee is ready to gulp.

For coffee with milk:
  1. Bring milk to a boil and add sugar.


  2. Lower the flame and add the above brewed coffee and give it a mix.
  3. Switch off the flame after 1 minute.

Serve hot. 




Comments

Popular Posts